I posted a photo of this gorgeous dessert on my social media, and started getting requests for the recipe.
It was the perfect dessert, I made it frozen and it was like ice cream ❤ It was so creamy and had complimenting textures from all the layers.
1 cup of coconut milk or kefir
2 teaspoons of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 cup of mango pieces
1 cup of banana
3-5 tablespoons coconut cream to mix with banana
1. Mix the maple syrup with the chia seeds and coconut milk/kefir. Let it sit for 1-2 hours so the chia seeds swell up.
2. After making the chia mix, place the mango and banana (in separate containers) in the freezer.
3. After 1-2 hours the fruit should be almost frozen, but still a tiny bit soft. Place the mango in a blender and whizz until it’s pureed.
4. Rinse the blender attacment and place banana and coconut cream in the blender and whizz until it is smooth and the consistency of icecream.
5. Layer the chia, banana and mango on top of each other, and serve in a nice glass. Mint leaves, goji berries, shredded coconut are all gorgeous additions on top.
Eat immediately and enjoy!